NVIH Primary Content
The NVIH outreach staff is committed to providing quality, patient-centered services that are responsive, courteous, supportive, and sensitive to individual, family, community, and cultural needs.
Services are available to verified Native Americans and members of Native households residing in the NVIH service area.
Assistance for individuals:
- Home visits and case management
- Health and wellness education
- Assistance with birth certificate and social security verification
- Family Spirit home visitation program
- Fishing license applications
- Information on community resources
- In-home safety evaluations
Assistance for Families:
- Healthy Families application assistance – free and low-cost health care for children and pregnant women
- Medi-Cal application assistance – Health care coverage for people with limited income or resources
- Food stamp application assistance
- Car seat and bike helmet distribution and education
- Emergency food, utilities, and housing resources
- Community wellness groups – physical activity, health snacks, and health education for whole families. Activities planned and developed by participants.
- Health screenings
- Health education
- Think Pink
- Mammogram Day
- Diabetes, Standards of Care Day
For more information about any of the programs call the Chico Outreach department at 530-899-5156.