NVIH Primary Content
Community Health services are offered at the Willows clinic. The NVIH Willows Community Health staff is committed to providing quality, patient-centered services that are responsive, courteous, supportive, and sensitive to individual, family, community, and cultural needs. An emphasis is placed on creating partnerships with the community in promoting health and preventing disease.
Services are available to verified Native Americans and members of Native households residing in the Colusa and Glenn County NVIH service area.
Click here for our May 2017 calendar and click here for our Spring 2017 newsletter.
Assistance for individuals:
- Home visits and case management
- Information on community resources
- Health and wellness education
- Health screenings - Walk in blood pressure and diabetes screening
- Living Well With Diabetes Workshops
- Assistance with birth certificate and social security verification
- Notary services
- Fishing license applications
- In-home safety evaluations
Assistance for Families:
- Medi-Cal application assistance
- Cal Fresh application assistance
- Car seat and bike helmet distribution and education
- Emergency food, utilities, and housing resources
- Sherwood Commodity Food Distribution site
- Family Spirit Home Visiting Program for pregnant women and families with children under the age of three
- Community wellness groups - physical activity, healthy snacks, and health education for whole families. Activities planned and developed by participants.
- Health screenings
- Health education
- Mammogram Day
- Diabetes Standards of Care Day
- Digital Storytelling Workshops
- Cooking Class
- Youth Activities
- Monthly Elders Luncheon
For more information call the Willows Community Health Department at 530-934-5431.