Please see our Notice of Privacy Practices for the details of how we protect, use and disclose your health information.
SECURITY. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information that you provide on this site. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our site, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet, and we are not liable for the illegal acts of third parties such as criminal hackers.
IP ADDRESSES. We do not collect any personally identifiable information about you when you visit this site. We do log your IP address to give us an idea of which pages of our site you visit, how long you spend there, which files you download, and the type of computer and operating system you use. An IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. IP addresses allow computers and servers to recognize and communicate with one another. NVIH collects IP address information to properly administer its system and to gather aggregate information on visitors to our site and how our site is being used, including the pages visitors are viewing. Since we do not collect any personal information about you, we cannot link your IP address to any personally identifiable data.
COOKIES AND TRACKING. We may collect information about visitors to our site using “cookies” and similar technology such as web beacons, web bugs, pixel tags, etc. “Cookies” are small text files a website can put on a user’s computer to recognize repeat visitors. The cookie consists of a unique identifier that does not contain personal information about you. Information we obtain from cookies helps us to tailor our site to be more helpful and efficient for our visitors. We use this technology to recognize a repeat visitor and offer the visitor a set of services or information requested in a previous visit. We may use session cookies to track a visitor’s path through our site during a visit, to help us understand how people use our site.
E-MAIL. This site provides opportunities to send e-mail to NVIH. NVIH uses a third-party vendor to help us manage some of our e-mail communications with you. While we do supply this vendor with e-mail addresses of those we wish them to contact, your e-mail address is never used for any purpose other than to communicate with you on our behalf. You may choose to provide us with personal information, as in e-mail with a comment or question. We may use the information to improve our service to you or to respond to your request. Your e-mail will be shared with our staff and health care professionals who are most able to address your concerns. We may file your comments for future reference, or we may discard the information after we have reviewed it.
IF YOU PROVIDE US YOUR WORK E-MAIL ACCOUNT OR ANY ACCOUNT PROVIDED BY YOUR EMPLOYER, YOUR EMPLOYER MAY HAVE ACCESS TO ANY E-MAILS SENT TO OR FROM THAT ADDRESS IN ACCORDANCE WITH YOUR EMPLOYER’S RIGHT TO MONITOR EMPLOYEE E-MAIL. IF YOU REQUEST TO BE REMOVED FROM OUR E-MAIL LIST, WE WILL HONOR YOUR REQUEST. WE WILL NEVER SELL YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS OR PROVIDE IT TO ANYONE ELSE EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED IN THIS INTERNET PRIVACY PRACTICES OR AS SET FORTH IN OUR NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES.
DISCLOSURES. WE MAY DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY PERSON PERFORMING AUDIT, LEGAL, OPERATIONAL, OR OTHER SERVICES FOR US. WE WILL USE INFORMATION WHICH DOES NOT IDENTIFY THE INDIVIDUAL FOR THESE ACTIVITIES WHENEVER FEASIBLE. INFORMATION DISCLOSED TO VENDORS OR CONTRACTORS FOR OPERATIONAL PURPOSES MAY NOT BE RE-DISCLOSED TO OTHERS BY SUCH A VENDOR OR CONTRACTOR.
WE MAY DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION WHEN REQUIRED TO DO SO BY A SUBPOENA, COURT ORDER, OR SEARCH WARRANT. WE MAY DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION AS WE DEEM IT APPROPRIATE TO PROTECT THE SAFETY OF AN INDIVIDUAL OR FOR AN INVESTIGATION RELATED TO PUBLIC SAFETY OR TO REPORT AN ACTIVITY THAT APPEARS TO BE IN VIOLATION OF LAW. WE MAY DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO PROTECT THE SECURITY AND RELIABILITY OF THIS SITE, AND TO TAKE PRECAUTIONS AGAINST LIABILITY.
PROTECTING CHILDREN’S PRIVACY. We are committed to protecting children’s privacy on the Internet and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children.
CHANGES TO NVIH’S INTERNET PRIVACY PRACTICES. NVIH reserves the right to make changes to our Internet Privacy Practices at any time by posting our new information on this site, in which case posting shall constitute notice to you. Your continued use of the site constitutes your acceptance and agreement to be bound by any posted changes.
CONTACT US. For questions, concerns, complaints or suggestions concerning NVIH’s Internet Privacy Practices, please send us an e-mail to email@example.com, or contact us by regular mail at:
845 W. East Avenue
Chico, CA 95926
Date last updated: December 2014
SOCIAL MEDIA DISCLAIMER
Are you using social media? So are we! We encourage you to read, share, follow us and provide commentary on Facebook. Before you post, please make sure you read our social media disclaimer:
We are under no obligation to screen or monitor your posts or any other User Content, however, we do make a reasonable effort to monitor participation to ensure that you stay on topic, are courteous and avoid making offensive comments. Your posts and User Content must adhere to the following requirements and cannot:
- Contain any third-party material including logos, drawings, tattoos, photographs, pictures, sculptures, paintings and other images or works of art, phrases, trademarks, trade secrets or other items without explicit prior written permission to use such materials
- Contain sexually explicit, graphic, gratuitous or unnecessarily violent content or defamatory or derogatory content against any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, sexual orientation, professional or age group or contain any pornographic or nude material
- Contain any private information about yourself or any other individual, including without limitation, information related to the health of the individual, financial information about the individual or any identification or account numbers related to the individual, with or without their permission or consent
- Contain any software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment
- Contain any advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or promote illegal activity and/or illegal contests, sweepstakes, gambling, including any online casino, sports books, bingo, poker or any other form of solicitation
- We reserve the right to edit comments for content, remove off-topic contributions, delete offensive comments or remarks, block offensive contributors and delete actual or suspected spam content from any Social Media site. Please be aware that once you post something online, there is the potential for numerous individuals to read your words, even years from now. Therefore, we suggest that you exercise caution when posting on any social media sites and that you not disclose personally identifiable information like your location, medical record number, personal medical information, financial information, etc. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OF ANY COMMENTS OR RESPONSES POSTED BY OTHERS TO ANY WEBSITE OR SOCIAL MEDIA SITE MANAGED OR MONITORED BY NORTHERN VALLEY INDIAN HEALTH, INC. WE DO NOT CONTROL THE PLACEMENT OF ANY MARKETING OR ADVERTISING DISPLAYED ON OUR PAGES BY SOCIAL MEDIA OR THIRD PARTY ORGANIZATIONS.
- PLEASE REMEMBER THAT INFORMATION POSTED ON ANY OF OUR SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS IS FOR GENERAL INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE AND SHOULD NOT REPLACE A CONSULTATION WITH YOUR HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL. ALWAYS CONSULT AN APPROPRIATE HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL FOR YOUR SPECIFIC NEEDS. IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL 9-1-1 OR YOUR LOCAL EMERGENCY NUMBER. SOME TREATMENTS MENTIONED ON SOCIAL MEDIA FORMATS MAY NOT BE COVERED BY YOUR HEALTH PLAN. PLEASE REFER TO YOUR BENEFIT PLAN DOCUMENTS FOR INFORMATION ABOUT COVERAGE.
- We reserve the right to remove or respond to any post or User Content and may occasionally privately request your contact information to assist offline with your consent by routing the matter to the appropriate persons or department for further handling. Any further questions about your account, claims or benefits or request for additional information can be addressed by visiting your member website or calling the toll-free member phone number on the back of your health plan ID card.
- All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.