Thank you for considering Northern Valley Indian Health, Inc. (NVIH) for employment. The following is a brief overview of the application and hiring process used. Please read all documentation carefully.
Steps to Apply
After browsing our current openings and downloading/reading the job description(s) for the position(s) you are interested in, follow these steps to ensure we receive your application.
- Download the latest version of Adobe Reader or Foxit Reader. All of our forms are in PDF format so you need to have a PDF reading program to view them. Modern web browsers (including Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Edge) also contain PDF viewers.
- Complete the application form and send it via email to us at email@example.com. You may also fax your application to 530-433-2610 or mail it to 2561 California Park Dr, suite 200, Chico CA 95926.
- Review the "Application Information" section listed below for more information.
Please read the following very carefully.
- The selection committee will review and evaluate applications to select a limited number of candidates to interview. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the candidate an interview. NVIH is not able to compensate candidates for interview-related expenses. Applicants selected for an interview and requiring reasonable accommodation(s) for the interview must notify the Department of Human Resources in advance.
- The application process is an indication of your ability to understand and follow written instructions as provided on the employment application, vacancy announcement, and this information page. Failure to include required information could result in the disqualification of your application. Please read all documents carefully. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that applications are complete when submitted. An application without a signature or with the words "see resume" or a similar phrase will not be accepted.
- Applications for employment are accepted for vacant positions and posted on our employment page as they occur. The vacancy announcements include the specific duties, requirements, and responsibilities of each position. Supplemental questionnaires, resume, cover letters, letters of recommendation, college transcripts, licenses, or certificates may be required in addition to the employment application. The vacancy announcements specify required documents for a vacant position. Failure to submit all required documents will disqualify your application from further consideration.
- To allow for accurate review and consideration, your application must provide a complete and detailed description of your work experience. When a certain number of years of experience are specified as a job requirement, the full-time equivalent is required. For example, someone who has four years of half-time experience is considerd to have two years of full-time equivalent experience. It is to your benefit to be as thorough as possible because this information will be used to determine if your are qualified for the position. Although you may attach a resume, it is still necessary to complete the Employment History section of the application. Failure to do so will disqualify your application from further consideration. Writing the words "see resume" or a similar phrase will not be accepted.
- All applications will be screened for minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications or submitting an incomplete application package will be excluded from further consideration. Applications that meet the minimum qualifications may be further screened by the Human Resources Department and the Interview Committee for specific skills and experience. Those applications will be forwarded to the appropriate manager where the Interview Committee will again screen the applications using deatiled criteria taken directly from the vacancy announcement.
- Based on the required duties, the Interview Committee will select the top applicants for oral interview. The selected applicants will be contacted and an interview will be scheduled. Interviewed applicants will be required to sign an Employment Information Release from authorizing NVIH to verify references and educational degrees. Before making a formal job offer, a reference check will be conducted on the top candidate(s). Applicant(s) will be notified before the references are contacted. Those interviewed and not selected will not be notified.
- NVIH is required by federal law to hire only persons authorized to work in the United States. To comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, employees must provide proof of identity and authorization to work. Do not include this confidential documentation in your application package. Any person with a disability who needs accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process is encouraged to contact us in advance.
- All application materials become the property of NVIH and will not be returned to the applicant.
- NVIH is responsible for protecting sensitive recruitment data and maintains confidentiality of that data, as required by the Information Practices Act. All information collected through the recruitment process complies with the provisions of that act.