For May 2013: Italian Breaded Baked Tilapia
- 4 tilapia filets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dired oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley or 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk (preferably non-fat or 1%)
- Lemon slices
- If using fresh Tilapia filets, remove skin. If using frozen Tilapia, thaw before using.
- Mix together breadcrumbs, oregano, parsley and pepper.
- Dip each filet into the milk on both sides to moisten. Then lay each filet in the breadcrumbs and flip to completely coat on each side.
- Lay the breaded tilapia filets on a baking pan. Spray the top of each filet with light coating of Pam or olive oil spray if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400 degrees F for about 20 minutes until the breaded coating turns lightly brown and fish is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and serve with lemon slices.
Makes four servings.